Come listen to living prophets

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cookie

I had a bit of a surprise a few days ago when I went out to the garage to get something out of the freezer.  It was this little guy:



I startled him and he ran for cover.  The trouble was, he was only using his two front paws and dragged the rest of his body behind  him.  He was really fast, though.  I called the vet to see what could be done for him (I thought he must have been injured and was paralyzed).  The vet said they couldn't do anything if it wasn't my cat.  Well, I thought he could at least have something to eat while I figured out what to do with him.

You can imagine my surprise the next morning when I went out to check on him and saw this:


He wasn't paralyzed, he just was so hungry and dehydrated he couldn't stand up anymore.  I was so impressed that he kept going and trying to survive even though he could barely move, so I've decided to try and find a home for him.

I've been feeding him plenty of food and water.  He's getting better every day.  He'll even let me pet him.  In fact, he loves the attention.  I've named him Cookie (because he's a tough cookie).  Anyone want a sweet kitty with an amazing determination to survive?

1 comment:

  1. MY KIDS would love to have your little find! But I can't keep one more person alive in this house...not right now anyway!!! :)

    ReplyDelete